I love my birthday. I know a lot of people hate birthdays or get sad because they are getting older, but for some reason I have always loved them. I take the day off work, I buy myself a (big) present, and spend the day doing whatever I please. This year I started off by going to my local farmer’s market. Can you believe I have never been to a farmer’s market before? I can’t. I walked around and looked at everything, bought some vegetables, handmade soap, and my first skein of handspun yarn! I have been hankering after handspun for a while.
So a year in review:
- Last year for my birthday I got my 2 sweet kitties. I love them so much.
- Not long after that I officially started dating. I’ve already told you how wonderful my boyfriend is. He’s definitely a keeper.
- In January I started teaching voice lessons (sorry, I forgot to tell you about that). I always thought I would hate teaching, but I actually really enjoy it and would not at all mind teaching full time.
- In May my oldest brother got married.
- In June I was in my first car crash. It was minor and not my fault, but still a jarring experience.
- I have knit…a good deal. I made a TARDIS inspired hat last winter because I’m that much of a nerd.
- I made my first sweater! It’s the Baby Surprise Jacket by Elizabeth Zimmermann. A good friend of mine recently had her first baby and his room is decorated in a panda theme. How could I resist?
- I have knit 2 pairs of socks for my mom – 1 for last Christmas, and the pair for this Christmas are done already. I’m so proud of me.
- Now I’m working on my first full-size sweater for my Grandma. I’m halfway done and running out of steam…
So that’s me and my year. Here’s to another one just as good or better.