My Baby Flax was chugging along until I stopped reading the directions and missed the sleeve decreases 2″ back. So now it’s in the naughty pile until I make time to rip back and re-knit it correctly.
My True Brit is coming along nicely. Since I took this picture I have finished binding off the first piece and seamed up the edge. I need to block it before I can swatch for the gaiter that will be attached to it.
And as always I am making gnomes.
If you are as overwhelmed by the gnome cuteness as I am you can follow my progress at The Gnome Gallery. I try to take pictures of all my gnomes as I make them.
I try to stick to the knitting queue that I have established. I (mostly) keep my WIPs to a minimum. I start a project, and then I work on it. Sometimes, though, I just need to break out of the box and start a project on a whim.
I’ve had this book for a while, and this cowl has been on my list to make for a few years. The yarn is some of my oldest stash (and I plan to use some handspun as well). Over all, I think this is a pretty responsible whim.
What do you do when “the plan” is no longer working for you?
This has been a big week for me.
I finished my first Watermelon Sock (and started the second).
I published my second pattern, the Raindrops and Wildflowers Cowl (on sale for 20% off with the coupon code BEATRIX until July 5) (Yes, this is shameless self-promotion).
I bought a new (to me) car! It’s a 2013 Honda Civic, for those of you who will ask. Isn’t it pretty?
How was your week?
So, I meant to wait until Saturday to release my cowl pattern, but I couldn’t wait. You can find the Raindrops and Wildflowers Cowl pattern here! The pattern has been tech edited and test knit. It’s a little bit unreal (in a very good way) to see other people knitting up the pattern I wrote and loving it!
My husband was kind enough to be my photographer for this pattern. As you can see, we had a lot of fun at the photo shoot.
If you would like to buy the pattern, enter the coupon code BEATRIX at checkout for 20% off your purchase until July 5. Happy Knitting!
A few months ago I was lying in bed unable to sleep. I started thinking about yarn (as you do) and some beautiful silk hankies I had in my stash. As I lay there I came up with a plan to write a pattern and use my beautiful silk hankies. I consulted my stitch dictionary and selected my lace patterns, and then I cast on. The initial cowl turned out quite lovely, but I ran out of hankies before the cowl was done. So I pulled out another batch of hankies and knit a second cowl. It is done just in time to take pictures for the pattern.
Did I mention that I’m publishing the pattern on Ravelry (Not that I’m super proud and excited or anything)? It will be called Raindrops and Wildflowers and I am releasing the pattern on Saturday, July 1. Eeeeeeee!!!
Watch this space. There will be a discount code.
In order from newest to oldest projects…
- Washcloths: Some friends recently bought a house and are having a housewarming party. I am knitting them some washcloths because every home needs something hand knitted.
- Watermelon Socks: I’m past the gusset and well into the foot and starting to get a bit pink. I pulled a few yards of white out so the sock would turn pink more quickly.
- Raindrops and Wildflowers Cowl: this is my second time knitting this pattern. I don’t normally re-knit patterns, and I am having a hard time with this one. On the original I ran out of yarn before the final border, so I have to re-knit for pattern photos. I keep telling myself it is worth it…
What’s on your needles?
A few weeks ago I finished knitting a cowl of my own design. I’ve been pretty quiet about it since then because I’ve been writing up the pattern, making charts, and getting everything edited and pretty. The pattern has been fully tech edited and is now ready to be test knit. I’m looking for 6 testers: 2 each to knit the cowl in Mawata Silk Hankies, mohair, and fingering weight yarn. The pattern was written for silk hankies and includes a photo tutorial on how to work with them. The mohair and fingering weight versions should take between 200-300 yds of yarn.
If you are interested in testing please let me know here and message me your email address on Ravelry (username DramaticLyric) so I can email you the PDF (I won’t use your email for anything else, cross my heart).